There are many confusing statements and perceptions about who Jesus is. There’s the Nicene Creed that declares “God from God.” There’s the often-used phrase, “Jesus – 100% God and 100% man.” And the belief and teaching of other who state that Mary is the mother of God. Did Mary give birth to God?
And if that’s all true, what does it mean in John 14:12, in which Jesus indicates that we will do even greater works than He did? How is that possible?
In this podcast, Tok explains all this from the Scriptures, and talks about what the title “Son of God” means.
Related BibleTok podcast: Topic 002 – Christian Cliches, and is Jesus God?
Scripture references (NKJV):
- Hebrews 1:5 For to which of the angels did He ever say: “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”? And again: “I will be to Him a Father, And He shall be to Me a Son”?
- Psalm 2:7 “I will declare the decree: The LORD has said to Me, ‘You [are] My Son, Today I have begotten You.
- 2 Samuel 7:14 “I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men.
- John 8:58-59 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”  Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
- Isaiah 61 [Entire chapter]
- Luke 4:1 Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
- John 14:12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater [works] than these he will do, because I go to My Father.